Friday, May 14, 2010

How long does it take for Birth control to take effect?

Just started the pil, how long until I can have sex? All my Dr. said was ';Start on the first day of your cycle'; I asked how long until it would take effect and I was anti-baby sex free and she said ';you'll be covered that month.'; When this month??? A week? Right after my period? The end of the month? My friend's dr. told her a week but we have different bc. I'm on ortho tri-cyclen Lo, if that helps.How long does it take for Birth control to take effect?
I've been on three different bc's, and all say that it takes 7 days for them to take effect. Be careful!How long does it take for Birth control to take effect?
I was told to finish a pack and when when I get my periods after my first pack is done is when I would be completely covered..till then condoms will have to be used...(sucks when u have latex allergy too..lol)
It will not take complete effect until you start your SECOND month on it.





Use condoms too (as you ALWAYS should).
Usually two weeks from when you start the pill.
The information on their website says to start them on the Sunday after you start your period or the first day of your period and you will be protected in 7 days of taking the pill.





best wishes..
Go through the full first pack before having unprotected sex. Meaning take all 21 pills, and have your period while taking the last seven pills... then you should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment