Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How long does it take to be off birth control to conceive?

I was on birth control for about 2 months. I just recently stopped taking it and have been having unprotected sex like crazy. How long should it take me to conceive? I'm young (I won't tell you how old, because I don't want to be judged or lectured, but I am of legal age just to let you know). Will it be easy for me because I am young?How long does it take to be off birth control to conceive?
It can take up to three months for it to completely get out of your system. But...I believe sooner! How else does some women get pregnant on the pill or just getting off of it? It is easier to get pregnant if you are young. The older you are, the harder it is to conceive.





The pill works by putting your ovaries asleep so they don't function. It also works by creating a mucus plug in your cervix and thickens the mucus up so that no sperm can penetrate it.





I guess it depends on every woman's own body. It took me 5 months of being off of it before I got pregnant with my son (at the age of 24).





Good luck Hon!How long does it take to be off birth control to conceive?
Well seeing how you havent been on the pill for too long you are going to have to wait a while. You usually have to be on BC for 3 months before your cycle becomes consistent. But now that you've stopped your body is going to have to try and regulate its menstrual cycle all over again. So until you start ovulating consistently then you should have no problem. So I'd say give it 3 months at least, but you could be one of the lucky ones who get pregnant within a month or it could take up to a year a woman's body is a mysterious and fickle thing. Also if you're trying to get pregnant dont have too much sex. Cause it takes your honey's sperm 24 hours to get back up to count again. So maybe 2 times a day is fine. Get a ovulating kit to find out when you are ovulating and then have sex the 3days before you ovulate. Good luck to you!


P.S. if you are in your 20's or below it is more easy to get pregnant. The older you are the harder and the higher the risks.
Hi, it just depends on the person. I got a positive pregnancy test this morning and I've only been off the pill a month, and we only had sex one or twice in my fertile period. I didn't even get a 'normal' period from being off the pill before I fell pregnant. Last time I went off the pill I didn't get a period for 2 months. I have a theory that if you finish taking your pill halfway through the packet you won't get your period for awhile and if you finish the cycle you're on before going off the pill you should get your period back straightaway. I have no proof of this, but as I said above when I went off the pill the first time, I finished halfway through my cycle and didn't get a period for 2 months. This time I finished my cycle before I stopped taking it and I ovulated 16 days later and then 14 days after ovulation I found out I was pregnant. Hope this helps.
Each person is different. So it's no way you can really tell when you will be able to conceive. For me it took 2 weeks after I stop taking my birth control pills.
it depends on your cycle before the pill, your health conditions and habbits.


I know people who try for months and months... and no baby. others, its like ';point and shoot'; and there is a baby!
You may get pregnant straight away or after a few months. Every woman differs. you just need to wait it out. Good luck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment