Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Whats the chance of getting pregnant while on birth control and taking it faithfully?

Percentages would help pleaseWhats the chance of getting pregnant while on birth control and taking it faithfully?
It's like a 1% chance if taken correctly. Even if you miss one there's still not much chance. It says it is 99% effective if taken correctly.Whats the chance of getting pregnant while on birth control and taking it faithfully?
It's pretty unlikely (1-2% chance) if you're taking it every day at the same time, however there is always that chance.





Happened to my sister-in-law and she took hers every day like clockwork!





Also, remember there are certain things that can effect its efficiency, such as, if you are on antibiotics, or taking some herbal supplements like St. John's Wort. If that's the case, you should be using a back-up method of protection as well.





I've also heard that in some women who are very overweight the pill can fail as there will not be enough hormones in proportion to her weight to stop ovulation from occuring.
Depends on the birth control method.


Abstinence: 100% effective


The Patch: 5-8 out of 100 will fail


The Pill: 5-8 out of 100 will fail


The Ring: 5-8 out of 100 will fail


Female condom: 21 out of 100 will fail


Male condom: 15 out of 100 will fail


The Shot: 3 out of 100 will fail


Diaphragm: 16 out of 100 will fail


The Plan B Pill: 1 or 2 out of 100 will fail


IUD: Fewer than 1 out of 100


Natural family planning: 25 out of 100 will fail


Spermicide: 27 out of 100 will fail


Pulling out: 27 out of 100 will fail





These rates are based on typical use rates.
That depends on the type you are taking.





I conceived my daughter while on the pill... and I used a diagram and spermicide, too!





For percentages, check out this site:


http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/birthco鈥?/a>
Well i was on it and took it same time every day...and i still ended up pregnant. My sisters, and mother also had this happen to them. For your best bet on not getting pregnant, you shoudl use birth control and condoms.
I don't know what the numbers are all I know is that is what happened to me. So it is possible. I thought it wouldn't ever happen since I was on it.
It happened to me. I was on it, took it the same time each day, and still wound up pregnant. So if you really don't want to get pregnant, also use condoms.
1-2%. I have a friend who is a physician who got pregnant while on the pill.
less than 50%

No comments:

Post a Comment