Friday, May 14, 2010

How long it take for a air traffic control job?

i did six years in the navy and now looking for a air traffic control job. i received my CTO in the navy and went to faa.gov and filed out a applicant online for all the terminal spots. i got two kids and would like to know how long it takes to get picked up?How long it take for a air traffic control job?
There is a new push on to hire controllers in the FAA. The new program is designed to process a new applicant in 45 days. This is a great improvement over the 14 months it took me in 1982-1983. Here's a number I got off of the FAA website (1-866-835-5322). If this isn't the one, they can steer you in the right direction.How long it take for a air traffic control job?
It shouldn't take them long to call you. I'm not sure how the process works if you were in the armed forces. I completed my ATC training in college. Once i was done I needed a letter of recommendation from the aviation chair of my school and I received a date for my written exam from the faa. Once you complete the test it is a matter of weeks before they call you for your training in Oklahoma city (faa headquarters.) You should call them and get more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment